Call for papers:
Excellence Award in memory of Prof. Eli Grushka
Prof. Eli Grushka - Professor of Analytical Chemistry at the Hebrew University in Jerusalem -- was an international expert in the fields of chemical separations, chromatography and capillary electrophoresis in particular. Among his accomplishments:
- A member of numerous editorial boards of professional Analytical Chemistry and separations journals.
- One of the editors of the prestigious series Advances in Chromatography.
- Edited several books on chromatography and published numerous scientific articles
- Member of the organizing committee of professional conferences in the field of analytical chemistry.
- Researcher and mentor of many M.Sc. and Ph.D. students in Analytical Chemistry.
- Longtime president of the Israel Analytical Chemistry Society, and one of the primary supporters of the Israel Analytical Chemistry Conference – ISRANALYTICA.
In memory of Prof. Eli Grushka, by awarding the prize*, the family wishes to support an outstanding student who intends to acquire a graduate degree in the field of Analytical Chemistry.
* The prize will include a monetary award which could be used to partially finance tuition.
Students who wish to be considered for the award, should submit the following:
- A brief summary of a research study conducted by the nominee (up to three pages), and any related articles or other documents. The committee will accept studies that were conducted in the last two years (2016-2019).
- Institute affiliation and a recommendation letter from the mentor/research supervisor.
A committee composed of renowned scientists in the field of analytical chemistry and a representative of the Grushka family, will choose the winner, taking into account the following considerations:
The importance of the research, its scientific achievement and contribution to society
- Innovation and originality as related to Analytical Chemistry
- Research topic
The winner will be announced at the annual meeting of the Israel Analytical Chemistry Society- ISRANALYTICA 2020 which will be held on 21-22 January 2020 at the David Intercontinental Hotel, Tel Aviv.
The submission, along with the required documents, should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org until January 01, 2020.
Dr. Igal Bar-Ilan (Chairman)
Dr. Shula Levin
Prof. Yael Grushka (The family representative)